Several months ago, I posted a blog about writing a Xml editor based on JFace Text Framework. What has changed in the past months?
On my side, I went to frequently the eclipse newsgroups. I went to EclipseCon’09 and listened to Xml editor tutorial by WTP committers. While more gained experience, I would recommend that you extend WTP xml editor to build your own. Reasons are simple:
1. You don’t need to invent wheels from scratch
2. You can improve yourselves by reading WTP source codes
3. There are active communities you can turn to for help.
I’d like to recommend some additional resources for building your own xml editors:
1. The slides and code “Extending the XML and JSP editors from the WTP Project“, by IBM WTP committers
2. The lecture at EclipseCon2009 “Building the XML Editor you’ve always wanted“, and slides/sample.
Hope it helps.